· 25 strike aircraft (F-14 s and F/A-18s)
from two US aircraft carriers in the Arabian Sea and Gulf.
· 15 Bombers (b-2 "stealth" bombers) from Missouri in the US (with mid-air refuling), plus B-1 and B-52s from Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.
· 50 Tomahawk missiles launched from bombers, US warships and British subs.
· 30 targets were hit inside Afghanistan including al-Qaueda training camps in 8 Afghan cities: Kabul, Kandahar, Herat, Jelalabad, Khost.
· Ben Laden and Mullah Omar Survived from last night's strikes.
· Conservative estimates the first day of air strike, US had burned at least $50 million.
· US plane drop humanitarian food to Afghan refugees, a tactic of "carrot and stick" policy.
· Huge demonstration in support of Taliban in Pakistan.
· Dozens of antiwar protests across US, Europe, Asia and Mexico.
· Afghanistan says 20 dead from the attack.
· US increase security across the country, Bush sign order to ban all protest from Federal properties.
Just Befor the Attack.. UN
Terrorism Talks Favour Cooperation Over Retaliation (October 6)
US Rejects Taliban Trial Offer,
Recalls Aide (Reuters)
Britain Releases Evidence Against bin Laden (Assoicated Press, October 4, 2001)
bin Laden's Statement: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4272288,00.html
Map of Afghanistan Bagram Airbase (Near Kabul): http://globalsecurity.org/military/world/afghanistan/bagram.htm
Afghanistan Military Guide (Global Security.org): http://globalsecurity.org/military/world/afghanistan/
October 7 Startfor situation Report: http://www.stratfor.com/home/reports/011007.htm
DoD News Briefing - Rumsfeld and Myers Briefing on Enduring Freedom: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10072001_t1007sd.html
Afghanistan: Armed conflict poses risk of further ethnic violence (October 7, Human Rights Watch), see also:
Speak No Evil: How patriotism is trying to silence voices
of dissent (City Paper): http://www.citypaper.net/articles/100401/cs.cover.shtml
to last 'days or longer' (Guardian)
World reaction to US-led
Afghan strikes (Reuters)
October 8 Startfor situation Report: http://www.stratfor.com/home/reports/011008.htm
TV News: A Militarized Zone (FAIR): http://www.fair.org/media-beat/011008.html
DoD News Briefing - Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers on Day Two of Attacks: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10082001_t1008sdm.html
Nuke 'Em From On High (Wired News): http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,47319,00.html
The main justification for this war has been totally fabricated
(by Michel Chossudovsky): http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO110A.html
· Attacks reported in Kandahar
in daylight today
· Refugees continue fleeing cities
· US Warns UN It May Strike Other Countries
· Bush Limits Briefings on Terror War
· Annan disturbed by US comments of expanding war
· Iraq's U.N. Ambassador Accuses US using "War on Terrorism" Against Iraq
resumes in Afghanistan (Guardian)
Expect Payback From US (AP)
October 9 Startfor situation Report: http://www.stratfor.com/home/sitreps.htm
MSF: Raises Concerns About US Air Drops and Rejects the
Link Between Humanitarian and Military Actions
DoD News Briefing - Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers on Attacks: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10092001_t1009sd.html
DOD Briefing Slide Shows: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/g011009-D-6570C.html
· US cruise missile kills Kabul
civilians', Houses destroyed, says Taliban
· Afghan militia backs Bin Laden
· Blair meets troops in Gulf
· US/UK Says Air strikes destroy 85% of targets to pave way for troops
· About 1,000 growing Indonesian Muslim students protested outside parliament
· Some 2,000 Islamic theology students protested in the Iranian city of Qom against US strike
· Taliban Lifts Restrictions on bin Laden, Says He Is Free to Wage Holy War on U.S.
· U.S.-led forces conducted new daylight airstrikes Wednesday in Afghanistan
· NATO Secretary-General George Robertson labels al Qaeda as "evil criminals ... doing these evil atrocities"
· U.S. says three missiles hit target near U.N. workers, fourth unaccounted for
· Al Qaeda spokesman says thousands prepared to die until U.S. leaves region
New U.S. Attacks on Kandahar
October 10 Startfor situation Report: http://www.stratfor.com/home/sitreps.htm
Department of Defense: OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM UPDATE:
The FBI's 22 "Most Wanted Terrorists" List: http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm
The So-Called Evidence Is a Farce (Nacro News): http://www.narconews.com/goff1.html
FREE SPEECH RADIO NEWS: Mumia on 9-11 and racism (Audio):
· Heaviest air strike to Kabul
and other Afghan cities early today since US-led attacks started
· At least 76 people had been killed in the bombings so far and around 100 had been injured
· US air raids killed 18 in Kandahar, AIP reports
· Taliban envoy says 100 reported killed in the village near eastern Afghanistan of Jalalabad.
· Taliban leader's relatives reported killed
· Starvation looms for six million Afghan refugees
· US personnel on ground in Pakistan
· Behave or we attack, US warns Iraq
· Britain says no evidence linking Iraq to attacks
· Russian forces 'already in action'
· British Prime Minister Tony Blair at Oman
· U.S. is likely to target groups in East Asia linked to bin Laden
· Indonesian police to charge radical Muslim leader
· Canadian in Kuwait in killed
· US probe narrows to 220 detained after attacks
· US demands major corporate media networks to edit future bin Laden tapes
looms for six million Afghan refugees (Independent, UK)
isn't a target in Afghanistan worth a $1m missile' (Guardian)
Afghans Skeptical of US
Satellite lofted for US seen
as spy image relay (Reuters)
Secretary Rumsfeld Media Availability with Secretary White (DoD): http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10112001_t1011sda.html
BETWEEN THE LINES: Weekly WPKN Bridgeport, CT Radio Program
SPECIAL REPORT ANALYZING FALLOUT OF NEW YORK-WASHINGTON
Program Summary: http://www.btlonline.org
Listen to RealAudio version of program: http://www.wpkn.org/wpkn/news/btl101901.ram
MEDIA ADVISORY: Networks Accept Government "Guidance"
Killing Them Softly: Starvation and Dollar Bills For Afghan Kids (FAIR): http://www.fair.org/media-beat/011012.html
MISSING THE OIL STORY (TomPaine.com): http://www.tompaine.com/news/2001/10/11/index.html
DoD News Briefing - Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers on Attacks: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10122001_t1012sd.html
DOD Briefing Slide Shows: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/g011012-D-6570C.html
Aerial Strikes Weaken Taliban, Terrorists, Says Rumsfeld (DoD): http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/n10122001_200110125.html
· U.S. bombing has killed 52
people in a village near the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, the Pakistan-based
Afghan Islamic Press reported. Taliban claim US hit an hostpital in Herat
and more than 100 people have been Killed Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef, the
Taliban's ambassador to Pakistan, said Monday that 1,000 Afghans have been
killed in the U.S.-led airstrikes since they began more than two weeks ago.
He said a hospital in Herat had been bombed, killing more than 100 people.
"It is now clear that America plans on intentionally targeting the
Afghan people," Zaeef said. The Pentagon said it is investigating the
· PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Exiled Afghan elder Sayed Ahmad Gailani, a close associate of ex-King Zahir Shah, opened a meeting on the future of his isolated land with a call for an end to U.S. bombing and for moderate Taliban to join him.
· LONDON - British Prime Minister Tony Blair vowed the U.S.-led mission to bring prime suspect Osama bin Laden to justice for the September 11 attacks would succeed, however long it takes. Blair said he was still considering whether to deploy British troops, and if so which troops, on the ground in Afghanistan.
· ISLAMABAD - The World Bank said it expected to follow up a $300 million loan for Pakistan with further assistance to help privatise and restructure the banking sector.
· WASHINGTON - U.S. warplanes mistakenly dropped a 1,000-lb (450-kg) bomb near a home for the elderly in Afghanistan and two 500-lb (230-kg) bombs in a residential area outside the capital Kabul in what a senior Pentagon official called "rare errors."
· LONDON - Britain said U.S. air strikes against Afghanistan had destroyed nine al Qaeda training camps and severely damaged nine airfields and 24 military barracks. Also, Powell says campaign could end by wintertime
US Bomb Hit Afghan Hospital, U.N.
UNHCR Worries Link Terrorism to Refugees (UNHCR Geneva)
Crisis Will Jeopardize U.S. Military Goals (STRATFOR)
DoD: Clarke Addresses Protecting Civilians, Taliban Lies http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/n10232001_200110239.html
DoD: Secretary Rumsfeld Interview with Voice of America http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10232001_t1023voa.html
DOD Video Files:
Taliban Command Post. (.mpg 2 MB) (011023-D-6570C-005)
· A Taliban 5th Corps Tank. (.mpg 2.2 MB) (011023-D-6570C-006)
· A Taliban 1st Corps Armored Vehicle. (.mpg 2.4 MB) (011023-D-6570C-007)
· A Taliban Command Post. (.rm 832K) (011023-D-6570C-008)
· A Taliban 5th Corps Tank. (.rm 896K) (011023-D-6570C-009)
· A Taliban 1st Corps Armored Vehicle. (.rm 928K) (011023-D-6570C-010)
October 23 -26 Updates News from Pakistan (by: Shahzad Ahmad)
|1. Women call for
end to bombing on civilians (October 23)
2. Anti-War demos (October 24)
3. Afghans short of medical supplies (October 25)
4. Refugees Crisis-Pakistan (October 25)
5. ICRC warehouses destroyed in US raid (October 26)
DOD Enduring Freedom Operational Update - Rear. Adm. Stufflebeem (includes Q & A on Red Cross warehose bombing)
Latest Photos from Kabul (RAWA)
Taliban Executes Key Opposition
Leader, Red Cross Buildings Hit in U.S. Strikes (AP)
Experts See New Arms Race in U.S.
'War' on Terrorism (IPS)
Kabul children killed at recent US bombing
October 26-Kabul Red Cross warehouse was destroyed during US air attack
October 29 DoD News Briefing - Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers: http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/t10292001_t1029sd.html
Please Also Check..
US and Canada Nationwide Protest Information